Saturday, August 23, 2014

Green Shawl

This is a shawl that I finished recently.  I was going to add to a small shop in one of our local stores.  This is the first shawl that I have designed.  I had found the shell pattern in a pattern book and added it to the design.

This is when it was a work in progress. 
As you can see there is a slight variation of color.  I had accidently picked up a different shade from the bin at the local store.  But it did work out.  It was a slightly deeper shade of the soft green.
This is the leaf edge stitch that I added to the live stitches to finish the shawl and this is the first time that I had used this type of finishing.  The little lump sitting on the middle of the shawl is a little rabbit that I made for my grandson out of the yarn that was used to knit this shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it