Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New posts for a New Year

I have decided to start posting knitting ideas that I have learned over the years.

I had decided because I had become a little strained with seeing so many negative posts on facebook that I would join knitting groups so my newsfeed would include beautiful pictures of other knitters completed projects.  This idea has proved successful.  I have viewed beautiful items from all over the world and have started conversations from knitters on other continents.  I have found that I have made many comments on posts asking questions or wanting advice.  So why no start posting them here as well?

Today I saw a question on using row counters.  I use them constantly helps you to keep your place in your work.  They also can be used to make sure socks are the same length.  I have found them very useful in making sure the arms on my sweaters are the same length.  I keep track of the rows in the body of the sweater once I have reached the length I want for the first piece then I don't have to worry about one being longer than the other.    If I know that I am going to make a pattern again such as hats for children or myself I make a note of how many rows before the decrease so I don't have to keep measuring each time I remake the project.

I also use an app Knit Companion to keep track of my patterns and notes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it