Sunday, July 31, 2011

July 31st

Have been working diligently on my latest project.  A cross stitch picture of my grandson.  Lots of stitches, stitches.  It is so wonderful watching his little face appear on the cloth. 
It has been so hot.  Ready for the cool days of fall. Sometimes I wish we only had two seasons spring and fall.  But then that wouldn't fit into the great plan.  Perhaps the weather will break soon and we will have a nice all day rain that will wash away the residual heat and make my trees happy.

I will be working this week on getting other pictures of some of my knitting projects that have been completed. 

You know my aunt used to tell me that time passes quicker as you get older.  I know the summers used to last forever when my children were younger.  The lazy days of summer were so wonderful--picnics, playing in the pool.  Now actually it seems like I hear it is the first day of summer and suddenly fall is here.  It just seems to go faster and faster.  I didn;t believe her when I was a child now I see how fast it all seems to go.  My children seemed to stay little for a long, long time.  Now i look at the little ones and before you know it they are off to school and onto their lives.  I tell my daughter to cherish every second with her little ones, those moments will be gone and she won't be able to get them back.  She does too.  She is a wonderful mother to may granchildren.  Actually, I couldn't ask for a better son-in-law either.  On that score we are lucky too.  He is like the son we never had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it